WHAT IS BRAINWAVE DYSREGULATION?
Depending upon your mental state, your brain produces 4 distinct brainwaves:
- Beta waves are produced when you are alert and externally focused
- Alpha waves are produced when you close your eyes and relax
- Theta is produced briefly when you start to fall asleep
- Delta waves occur when you are sleeping.
Scientific research has demonstrated that, for any given circumstance, there is an accepted normal pattern of brainwave activity. A healthy, balanced, and properly regulated nervous system will produce the appropriate brain waves at the appropriate levels and at the appropriate times for any given situation. However, when the nervous system becomes tense and unbalanced as a result of subluxation, poor nutrition, stress, food sensitivities, drugs or trauma, the brain wave patterns become dysregulated resulting in many different neurological symptoms and conditions. For example:
- If the brain produces high magnitudes of delta or theta, the person will likely experience attention and focus issues such as those associated with ADHD, cognitive decline, learning disorders, or symptoms related to concussion.
- If the brain produces higher than normal magnitudes of alpha, the person will likely experience symptoms associated with fibromyalgia, irritability or depression.
- If the brain produces higher than normal magnitudes of beta waves, the person will likely experience symptoms associated with generalized anxiety, panic attacks, migraine/tension headaches, chronic pain, difficulty getting to sleep or waking up in the middle of the night and unable to get back to sleep due to too many things on your mind.
These are just some of the many examples of brain wave dysregulation that can be addressed with BrainCore Neurofeedback.
Read what Others are Saying
I endured migraine headaches at least 3 times a month for 15 years. I have not had a migraine in more than 6 months since I completed the BrainCore Program. JB
I suffered from insomnia for 9 years. I tried all the medications, hypnosis and even stress reduction therapy – nothing worked. Then my friend told me about BrainCore and after just 8 sessions I am able to fall asleep and I am sleeping through the night without waking up. KH